Trek Marlin 4
The Trek Marlin 4 is the perfect entry point to the world of mountain bikes and trail riding for all the family. The Marlin 4 comes at an incredible price point and offers a bike that you can use for the daily commute, and then getting off the beaten track for a blast on the way home.
The Marlin 4 features disc brakes, SR Suntour front suspension, 21 speed gears, internal shift cables and mounts for mudguards and a rack - this is a proper all-rounder.
Who’s it for?
If you are looking for your first proper mountain bike, one you will really look and feel the part on, without spending big money, this is the bike for you. This is the bike for fun on the trails, the occasional blast round Dalby Forest and that you can still use for the daily commute and leisurely rides with the family. With the Trek Marlin 4, you get loads of tech and a ton of value.
- A lightweight aluminium frame
- Routing cables integrated through the frame to keep them away from damage
- 21 speed gears with a wide range making the climbing easier going
- SR Suntour front suspension fork
- Powerful Mechanical Disc Brakes
- Bontrager XR2 Comp tyres
- Rack and mudguard mounts
We love it because…
The Marlin 4 is made for every rider and every quest. It packs loads of high tech features into a premium-quality, introductory trail bike that creates an efficient and fun overall ride. It’s affordable and best of all, like every Trek, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
The Trek Marlin 4 is a brilliant entry-point to Trek. This bike promises smooth riding that will get you from A to B on any surface. It’s a high-quality hardtail and the ultimate gateway to trail riding.
Availability & delivery
The Trek Marlin 4 is available with nationwide delivery options, however for the ultimate buying experience this bike is usually on display and available to test ride in our Pickering showroom.
Trek Marlin 4 Full Specifications
- Frame: Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal routing, chainstay disc-brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5 mm QR
- Fork: SR Suntour XCE 28, coil spring
- Max compatible fork travel: 100mm (XS & S: 490mm axle-to-crown, M & up: 509mm axle-to-crown)
- Front hub: Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100 mm QR
- Rear hub: Formula DC-31, alloy, 6-bolt, 6/7/8-speed freewheel, 135x5 mm QR
- Rim: Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20 mm width, Schrader valve
- Spokes: 14 g stainless steel
- Tyre: Size XS, S- Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 27.5x2.20”
- Size M, ML, L, XL, XXL- Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.20”
- Size M, ML, L, XL, XXL- Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.00”
- Max tyre size: Frame: 29x2.20" (XS & S: 27.5x2.4") Fork: See manufacturer
- Shifter: Shimano Altus EF500, 7-speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano Tourney TY300, 34.9 mm clamp, down swing, down pull
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Tourney TY300, long cage, 34T max cog
- Crank: Shimano Tourney TY301
- Bottom bracket: Size XS, S, M, ML, L, XL, XXL- VP BC73, 73 mm, threaded cartridge
- Size XS, S, M, ML, L, XL, XXL- Size XS, S, M, ML, L, XL, XXL-
- Cassette: Shimano TZ500, 14-28, 7—speed
- Chain: KMC Z7, 7-speed
- Pedal: VP-536 nylon platform
- Max chainring size: 1x/2x: 34T, 3x: 42T
- Saddle: Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138 mm width
- Seatpost: Size XS, S- Bontrager alloy, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset, 330 mm length
- Size M- Bontrager alloy, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset, 360 mm length
- Size M, ML, L, XL, XXL- Bontrager alloy, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset, 400 mm length
- Handlebar: Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise
- Grips: Bontrager XR Endurance Comp
- Stem: Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, Blendr-compatible, 7-degree
- Head set: Semi-integrated, 1-1/8”
- Brake: Tektro MD-M280 mechanical disc, 160 mm rotor
- Tektro MD-M281 mechanical disc, 160 mm rotor
- Weight: M - 14.40 kg / 31.75 lbs
- Weight limit: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).