Looking For A New Road Bike For ‘22? Here’s Our Top Picks.
With summer fast approaching, the sun is shining, the warmth is setting in and the roads are ready to be explored. So, in honour of the better weather, here are six fantastic road bikes to get you out clocking up the miles on the roads and lanes of Yorkshire this spring.
As always, head into the Big Bear Bikes showroom for the full experience, to test ride the bikes, and see everything we have to offer.
Domane: Endurance First
The Domane range is built for endurance and comfort, while maintaining great performance. Not only is the Trek Domane a great range of bikes, it was the very machine ridden by the first women’s Paris-Roubaix winner Lizzie Deignan, from Otley, West Yorkshire last year.
Here are three Domane models we love:
£4,200 (discounted from £5,250)
Trek’s lightest road-smoothing Domane+ frame, this carbon drop-bar electric bike is built for cyclists who want an extra boost on a comfortable and traditional-feeling road bike experience. With a fully removable drive pack, this bike is designed to be ridden with and without assistance, so it won’t hold you back when not in use.
The Domane+ LT is also currently heavily discounted at Big Bear Bikes, so act quick if you want a great deal!
- Lightweight 500 Series OCLV carbon frame and fork
- Light and efficient Fazua Evation motor - little drag or resistance when turned off
- 250Wh battery assists up to 25km/h
- Removable drive pack (battery and motor) to ride with or without it
- Road-smoothing rear IsoSpeed for a more comfortable ride without losing handling precision
- Fazua controller
- 2x11 Shimano Ultegra drivetrain
- Hydraulic disc brakes
The Domane+ ALR is an aluminium, electric road bike ideal for cyclists who want comfort and an extra kick of power on a traditional road bike experience. It also features a fully-removable drive pack, designed to be ridden with and without assistance, so it won’t hold you back when you’re not using it.
- 300 Series Alpha aluminium frame and fork
- Light, fast and efficient Fazua Evation motor
- 250Wh battery - assists up to 25km/h
- Removable Fazua drive pack (battery and motor) designed to be ridden with or without it
- Fazua controller
- 2x11 Shimano 105 drivetrain delivers smooth and reliable shifting
- Hydraulic disc brakes
Domane SL 6 eTap
The Trek Domane SL 6 eTap is a high-performance, carbon frame road bike that delivers comfort-first riding with front and rear IsoSpeed. It’s a fast endurance bike that features a fully wireless SRAM Rival eTap AXS 2x12 drivetrain, giving you electronic shifting so you can enjoy long days on the road with super-fast shifts and less maintenance.
- 500 Series OCLV carbon frame
- SRAM Rival eTap 2x12 wireless electronic drivetrain - fully customisable with the AXS app
- Road-smoothing front and rear IsoSpeed
- Flat-mount disc brakes
- Paradigm Comp tubeless-ready wheels - continue riding even with small punctures
- Fatigue-reducing Bontrager Elite IsoZone handlebar
- Internal storage and cable routing
- 12-speed cassette
Émonda: Built For Speed
The Émonda range has aerodynamic tube shaping, an incredibly light build and balanced handling built for going as fast as possible. With Émonda, you’ll have every advantage to go faster than ever.
Here are three models of the Émonda we love:
Émonda SL 7
The Émonda SL 7 is an ultra-light carbon road bike, expertly designed with aerodynamics that deliver more speed. This bike is perfect for roadies who want every performance advantage, including super-fast wireless shifting and carbon wheels. This bike really is ultra-light and ultra-fast!
- Aerodynamic 500 Series OCLV carbon frame and fork
- All-new wireless Shimano Ultegra Di2 2x12 electronic drivetrain for lightning-fast shifting
- Bontrager Aeolus Pro 37 carbon wheels
- Shimano Ultrega hydraulic flat-mount disc brakes
- Lifetime warranty with Trek
Émonda SL 5
The Émonda SL 5 is brilliant if you want the performance of a light, fast carbon bike at a great value price. This model is the perfect option if you are looking to upgrade from aluminium to a lightweight carbon frame with dependable parts that are fun and fast on all roads. The hydraulic disc brakes provide powerful stopping power, and tubeless-ready wheels means you can carry on riding with small punctures. With this bike, you get a lot for your money.
- Lightweight and aerodynamic 500 Series OCLV carbon frame and fork
- Full Shimano 11-speed drivetrain
- Powerful flat-mount Shimano hydraulic disc brakes
- Internal cable routing for a clean look
- Bontrager Paradigm Comp tubeless-ready wheels
- Trek lifetime warranty
Émonda ALR 4
The Trek Émonda ALR 4 is an aluminium road bike with hydraulic disc brakes. This bike is perfect for new riders and racers who want versatility and performance with a quality 2x10 Shimano drivetrain, carbon fork and Invisible Weld frame that looks and handles like a more expensive carbon bike. The Émonda ALR 4 is the most affordable road disc model in the Émonda line-up, packing a very capable racing bike at a great value-for-money price.
- Lightweight 300 Series Alpha aluminium frame with shaped tubes
- Invisible Weld Technology provides carbon looks at an alloy price point
- 2x10 Shimano Tiagra drivetrain
- Émonda carbon fork
- Bontrager Affinity tubeless-ready wheels
- Powerful hydraulic disc brakes
- Extra clearance for use with wider tyres
- Internal cable routing in the frame and fork
So if you’re looking for a new road bike that will get you out enjoying the countryside, or racing to beat every previous PB, we have a brilliant range here at Big Bear Bikes. Please head in store to test ride our collection and get advice from our team of expert professionals to get the perfect bike for 2022.
You May Also Like